How To Grow Your Own Sweater
You don’t have to be a professional wrestler to shear a sheep – but it sure helps.
Getting the right combination of strength and balance while shearing off wool is just one of the things you’ll learn at our DIY Workshop: Sheep Shearing and Spinning. The workshop will be held this weekend at Rogue Farms in Independence, Oregon starting at 1:00pm on Sunday, April 14th. There’s a $10 charge for this workshop, but you’ll be going home with your very own drop spindle.
At Rogue Farms we love DIY. It’s why we grow our own hops, barley, pumpkins, rye, honey and other ingredients for our beers and spirits.
We hold a DIY Workshop every month. Here’s the schedule for the rest of the year.
DIY Workshop Calendar: (All workshops are held on Sundays)
- May 19th: Backyard Beekeeping
- June 2nd: Cycling the Willamette Valley
- July 21st: Composting and Worm Farms
- August 11th: Sausage Making
- September 14th: Soap Making
- October 27th: Cider Making
- November 10th: Smoking Food
- December 15th: Cooking with Rogue Beer