Homemade Bacon Cheese Beer Bread
In honor of National Homemade Bread Day (11/17) check out this recipe for Bacon Cheese Beer Bread made with Rogue Ales Yellow Snow IPA:
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
3 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
12 ounces beer – we used Rogue Ales Yellow Snow IPA
4 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (we used Rogue Creamery Hopyard Cheddar Cheese), plus 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9”x 5” inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in 1 cup of cheese and bacon. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the beer until just mixed – It should be thick and lumpy.
3. Spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the melted butter on top of the batter. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese evenly across surface of the batter.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cutting board to cool completely.